Thursday, November 19, 2009

The More You Know



Family,

I have many people ask what is my obsession with Shea Butter and why is it incorporated in nearly all of the DorNee' natural body luxuries. Well let me first remind everyone that it was never my goal or a passion to start a body product line.

My only goal was to do what ever I could to help my mother who was suffering with pancreatic cancer. I made a promise to my mother that I would take care of her until she took her last breath and that I did by any means necessary.

Chemotherapy is a horrible treatment that as far as I am concerned, speeds up the process of death. It makes you sick, breaks down your immune system and burns/dries out your skin.

My mother was a beautiful woman and as much as possible I wanted to assist her in maintaining her natural beauty. I started off buying whatever said "moisturizing, hydrating and so on. All of these products claimed to have Shea butter in it and to be "all natural".

But guess work family, none of that mess worked. But the common denominator was that these products claimed to have Shea Butter in them and I found that what was used was a watered down Shea butter base that contained about 10% of Shea butter and many harsh chemicals to create lotions or creams.

I had previous and successful results with working with raw, unrefined Shea butter on my nail clients having used 100% of it to make foot butters. They absolutely loved them. You would think that is when I would have started the line. God had His own plan.

So I a light went off and I began researching Shea butter and other natural ingredients.

Let me share with you that Shea butter have been used for thousands of years by African healers as the ideal treatment for aging and dry skin. Shea butter is only found in the tropics of Africa. Shea butters helps to protect the skin from the damaging effects of the sun while repairing cellular degeneration. While having unique and a high content of fatty acids that cannot be removed, allowing Shea butter to moisturize and retain the elasticity of the skin.

Shea butter is extracted from the nuts of the Karite tree which begins to bear fruit after about 15 years; and can take up to 30 years to bear a quality crop of nuts. Shea Butter has skin loving Vitamins A, E and F. Vitamins A and E help maintain healthy skin while assisting in keeping it clear. Vitamin F rejuvenates and protect the skin.

I make no medical claims and as always please consult your physician if you have any serious skin afflictions, however the use of Shea butter on dry skin and treating minor skin conditions and damaged hair has true results.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER FAMILY

DorNee' Love

No comments: